Hello Everybody from Canberra, Australia

From: Ian Williams (iwilliams@dist.gov.au)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 14:16:30 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:16:30 +1000
From: iwilliams@dist.gov.au (Ian Williams)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hello Everybody from Canberra, Australia

     It is 8.07 am here in Canberra Australia on Friday. So good morning.
     I have just subscribed to this discussion group.

     For those not familiar with Australia, Canberra is situated at about
     35 degrees south and 149 degrees east at about 580 metres elevation.
     By Australian standards we have very crisp cold Winters with minimums
     of about minus 10 degrees C going up to 10-15 degrees celcius and
     maximums in the Summer of around 40 degrees.

     In terms of CPs, I really enjoy seeing them in their natural habitat
     here in Australia. Just west of Canberra, there is the Brindabella
     ranges and I have seen very small drosera there. The most common one
     found just minutes away is D Peltata which has set seed and is now
     dying back after its late Winter/Spring growth.

     I have a small glass house and I am currently building up my
     collection of drosera and sarracenia. I was also given a nepenthes
     recently which will be a challenge to grow in Canberra with its cool
     night temperatures.

     If anyone else in the Canberra area was interested in a short field
     trip let me know.

     Best wishes to all.

     Ian Williams