Rare Darlingtonia seed

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 14:32:55 PST

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:32:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rare Darlingtonia seed

Readers on this list know that the ICPS has been active in studying and
facilating the protection of a Darlingtonia bog in California.

This seep is unique in that it houses anthocyanin-free Darlingtonia. Only
about 100 plants exist in the world.

As part of my first year of study of this site, I have collected seed (in
a completely legal way, sanctioned by the owners). I have sent seed to
seedbanks for dispersal. The following seedbanks are receiving seed...

International Carnivorous Plant Society
Carnivorous Plant Society (UK)
GFP (Germany)
Australian Carnivorous Plant Society (Australia)

The ICPS seedbank will be accepting orders (from members of the ICPS)
immediately, I am not sure about how the others will be distributing their
seeds (you should check with them).

I urge you all to obtain seed as soon as possible, since Darlingtonia seed
have a short shelf-life.

Cheers,

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice