Re: Regrowth

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 12:52:01 PST

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:52:01 +0000
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Regrowth

In message <Pine.SGI.3.96.971202112507.16819A-
100000@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>, Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
writes

>>From Susan Ziegler:
>
>> What varieties of cp can survive by thier roots and return from the "dead"?
>> Is VFT one of those, or can I pitch the one that has apparantly died on
>> me? .. and cephalotus?
>
>Hi Susan,
>
>I think most Drosera species can come back from the roots, especially the
>ones with very thick roots such as D. capensis and D. binata. I've also
>had D. capillaris, D. adelae, D. sp. Magaliesberg, and D. spatulata come
>back from the roots or from root cuttings.
>
>Your vft and cephalotus can be propagated via leaf cuttings.

I have heard that Cephalotus can occasionally die off at the top and
reappear months later from the roots. I've never had it happen so I
can't give any definte advice but it might be worth keeping the plants
for a month or two.

The VFT defintely sounds dead though.

Regards,

--