Re: Re: Regrowth

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 17:51:00 PST

Date:    Tue, 02 Dec 97 20:51 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Regrowth

> >> What varieties of cp can survive by thier roots and return from the "dead"?
> >> Is VFT one of those, or can I pitch the one that has apparantly died on
> >> me? .. and cephalotus?

Hello Susan,

   You can dig it up and take a look. If it is all black and mushy, I'm
afraid you have a dead plant. If you can find the rhizome with the
petioles intact (they will be white and together they make a sort of
psuedo-bulb) I suggest you repot it into healthier soil.
   Cephalotus is much more easily shocked by transplanting, but if you
feel the soil is the culprit behind your plants illness/demise then,
like with VFT, dig it up and repot.
   It seem to me that when plants just start to fade, it is usually
caused by dim lighting (well familiar with this senario).

Good luck,
Dave Evans