Re: Terraria, VFTs

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 14:55:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 10 Dec 97 17:55 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Terraria, VFTs

> From: "Ermine!" <ermine@NETSCAPE.COM>
>
> As to how long plants should be dormant, from what I've read, VFT need
> 3-5 months of dormancy. I'm putting mine out from November though
> February this year. I may put my drosera out now, somewhat late, but
> leave them out an extra month or so to make up for it. I was just
> informed that d.capensis needs dormancy too, so I'd better do it!

Hi Matt,

   D.capensis doesn't need a dormancy. The heat of summer can be a bit
much for them and sometimes they die down to the roots. Some plants,
like D. cistiflora, do have a summer dormancy where they almost always
all die down to the roots, but D.capensis doesn't follow this schedule
much.

Dave Evans