RE: Wintering CP indoors

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 28 1997 - 19:43:12 PST

Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 22:43:12 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Wintering CP indoors

In CP digest 1310 Paul McCullough wrote:

The really unusual "tongue" ping also expired

I thought I'd respond to this because one of the pings that I've managed
to keep growing now for 5 years is an agnata x gypsicola (with the most
definite "tongue" shaped leaves during the growing season).

Of the several sources of information on this hybrid that I have, all
state that it requires a very dry dormancy. Since this plant has refused
to become past-tense in my collection I decided in October to try it
out. Right now the pots housing my agnata x gypsicolas are on a west
facing windowsill and are only watered lightly once a month. The growing
points all have small 1/2 inch tight resting buds and look healthy.

I would be very interested if anyone on the list can post further info
on this hybrid or others like it (habitat, rainfall, etc.).

Taking down the Christmas Drosophyllum tree,

Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com