Re: Pine Needles for Increasing Acidity?

From: Joe Cumbee (acumbee@surfsouth.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 1998 - 05:28:57 PST

Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 08:28:57 -0500
From: Joe Cumbee <acumbee@surfsouth.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pine Needles for Increasing Acidity?

Hi, I use pine needles(pine straw as we call it in the South) in every
mix that I make, including nepenthes, Sarracenias are grown in nothing
but pine straw(needles) with about an inch of sand sprinkled on top. I
have used it in for years in in-ground bogs and children wadding pools
as my containers. The reason for using pine is that it is an abundant
natural resourse that is raked up in my yard. It is safe to use so
don't worry it want hurt plants. Joe Cumbee