Re: Greetings everybody

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 16:01:41 PST

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:01:41 -0500
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Greetings everybody

Sam,

> I have mentioned that I am a beginner so I am already asking questions.=
 =

If
> anyone has got some time, please respond. My first questions(I hope th=
is
is
> not too embarassing)

Not embarrasing at all. We were _all_ beginners once.

> is where is the best place for me to find seeds for a
> good plant for starters. I see advertisements for getting them through=

the
> mail but is that a good and safe idea?

Where to buy plants depends on your area... On the list there are people
from over 20 countries, so you need to tell everybody where you live (Whi=
ch
country and which state/county). If you're in the US some people on the
list may be able to supply plants.
Getting them through the mail (OK.... so you're in the USA) is about the
only way to do it unless you have a good nursery near you. As for safenes=
s,
I presume you mean for the plants. Sending plants between the US and othe=
countries is illegal without all the paperwork, but within the US to some=

extent it is OK and providing you order from a good nursery (others on th=
list can help you with that) the plants should be alright.

> Since I am already bothering everyone with questions(and illustrating m=
> ignorance of CP) i might as well continue. For a report of mine if any=

one
> can give me a website of something of detailed information on the soil
and
> light conditions needed for a health venus fly trap please help me out.=

Try the listserver CP web page... I can't remember the address offhand, b=
ut
it is in the welcome file you were sent when you joined the list.

Kindest Regards,

Toby

Toby Marsden

--
-------
Orleton Manor, Orleton, LUDLOW, Salop, SY8 4HR, England

=