too much light for Helis?

From: Mike V (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 13:23:57 PST

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 21:23:57 +0000
From: Mike V <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: too much light for Helis?

Is there such a thing as too much light for Helis? I have mine about six
inches under six fluorescent bulbs, three of which are very powerful.
More specifically, I was wondering if too much light might inhibit their
development, as only one out of eight juvenile plants I have has
produced adult pitchers.

All of the varieties that I grow are doing well, but seem to get much
redder than photos I have seen of the same plants, and new plants tend
to burn rather badly before adapting.
I know that they are otherwise happy, since they have all grown very
well, divided, and even flowered, but I would really like to know if
reducing their light would help the young ones.

-Jonathan