Re: Madagascariensis Cultivation

From: Joe Cumbee (acumbee@surfsouth.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 17:16:54 PST

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:16:54 -0500
From: Joe Cumbee <acumbee@surfsouth.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Madagascariensis Cultivation

Perry,
  I have several N. madagascariensis from a chain store and some tc
plants from AgriStartsII that I purchased last spring that are growing
just fine. I have mainly neglected them and have not even removed many
of them from the original pots. The plants are mostly 12 inches or
higher, leaves are healthy. The only problem is that none of them has
set a pitcher. The N. gracillis that were purchased at the same time
have pitchers galore. One of my sons is doing a science fair project
using an anti stress agent to see if it helps in pitcher formation. To
early for any results just yet.
Joe