Re: Re: Madagascariensis Cultivation

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 17:46:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 14 Jan 98 20:46 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Madagascariensis Cultivation

Dear Joe,

> The plants are mostly 12 inches or higher, leaves are healthy.
> The only problem is that none of them has set a pitcher. The N.
> gracillis that were purchased at the same time have pitchers
> galore. One of my sons is doing a science fair project using an
> anti stress agent to see if it helps in pitcher formation. To
> early for any results just yet.

What is the anti-stress agent? Do you know how it works?
I was wondering if you're game for trying some SuperThrive
on your pitcher-less N.madacascarensis? Peter Damato (sp?) of
CA Carnivores reported that his pitcher-less N.rajah started
grower pitchers after he started using SuperThrive on it...
Oh, it could just be too cool for them too. (you never know)

Dave Evans