Re[2]: Nepenthes madagascariensis

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 14:18:57 PST

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:18:57 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re[2]: Nepenthes madagascariensis

 I wonder-- would a fungicide help us out here? Is a virus plaguing us?
 We can't all be guilty of cultural abuse, can we? Most of my other Neps do
 just fine. I've tried warm, cool, and in between with madagascariensis. No
 luck. If anyone out there KNOWS why so many of us can't grow this
 species, please clue us in.

 Thanks in advance,

 Lance Good question Lance, I guess I should mention that I did spray my
 plants with a
fungicide before bringing them in the house. I can't say that this
helped them or not, but I can say that they seem to be growing nicely,
but slow. I would say, fungicide can't hurt if applied correctly.
                             Charles Brewer