Peter Cole / Cambrian Carnivores

From: lim_ivan@jpmorgan.com
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 04:46:24 PST

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:46:24 -0500 (EST)
From: lim_ivan@jpmorgan.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Peter Cole / Cambrian Carnivores

>From lim_ivan@jpmorgan.com Fri Jan 16 07:43:37 1998
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com

I must say that I have had similar experience with Richard Berg where the
VFT is
concerned. They seem to grow much better when I feed them with flies as
opposed
to when I just leave it up to them to catch their own dinner. With feeding,
my plants
put out healthier looking leaves & at a better rate too. They also start
growing new
offshoots as well :).

I have been growing VFT & S. purpurea for more than 3 years now in
equatorial
weather (my plants are in Malaysia, but I work in Singapore. their feeding
schedule
depends on how often I cross the border to go home). Because of the
constantly
hot & humid weather, my plants never go into dormancy. Other than that,
they seem
to do fine except that my VFT has only flowered once, that was when I
bought the
first plant 3 years back. It has since mulitiplied into abt 5-7 plants (I
lost some along
the way) but none of them have flowered since. Does anyone have an
explanation
for this?

If there is anyone out there on this list that is from Malaysia or
Singapore, I would like
to hear from them. And if someone knows David Wong from Canada, please let
me
know how I can contact him. Thanx!!

Happy growing :)!!

Ivan