Re: Propagation of Mexician PINGS

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 06:21:24 PST

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:21:24 -0500 (EST)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Propagation of Mexician PINGS

Marco,

>Also i would be pleasant to know if anyone has experience in growing
>plants of the kind of primuliflora, my young plants grow next to my
>Nepenthes, but as soon as they have flowered the first time they rot.

What medium do you grow them in - I have the best luck using a mix with at
LEAST 50% sand. Perhaps more. While I keep them wet during the actual
flowering period, I let the water completely disappear from the trays to
simulate the *somewhat* dryer conditions of summer. Hope this helps.

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS
dangerous_plants@hotmail.com