Nepenthes ampullaria concern

From: Pnsamm@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 01 1998 - 19:14:23 PST

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 22:14:23 EST
From: Pnsamm@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes ampullaria concern

Dear enthusiasts,

I have a question concerning the slow, almost nil growth of my N. ampullaria
over the past several months. Moreover, I am seeing no pitcher development.
I am growing two plants in a sealed 10 gallon aquarium (plenty of humidity I
should think). I keep two 40 watt flourescent tubes above the plants, a
typical shoplight, around 12 inches from the nepenthes. The tank temperature
is around 74 F. Maybe the problem is insufficient light? Too low
temperature? Any ideas?

Thank You,

Peter