Nep. temperature ranges on Mt. Kinabalu

From: Chin-Wee LEE (chin_lee@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 21:33:00 PST

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:33:00 PST
From: "Chin-Wee LEE" <chin_lee@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep. temperature ranges on Mt. Kinabalu

Hello CP fans

I am trying to find the average lows and average highs of different
elevations of Nepenthes mountain ranges. Since most of the mountains are
in the same general geographical area, I would assume that the temps for
different elevations will "generally" be the same.

For those people who have first hand information making field
observations on trips to Mt. Kinabalu and/or surrounding Nep. mountain
ranges, I would really appreciate any input (since I have not been
fortunate enough to experience it first handedly).

I am looking for the average lows and highs of various elevations.
(Assuming the lows are during the night and the highs are during the
day.) I have read various books re:temp but most of which provided
minimums and maximums of various elevations. Since these are the
extremes, I highly doubt they are of most favorable conditions for the
plants.

If possible, the ranges I am interested in are: 0-1000, 1000-1500,
1500-2000, 2000-2500, 2500-3000, 3000-3500.

Please reply to the listserve if the information will benefit other
CPers. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
CWLee

Papa Smurf always said, "If you don't succeed, try and try again." I
like to believe he was refering to growing CPs. :)