Re:More Cultivars

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 02 1998 - 17:20:59 PST

Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 20:20:59 -0500
From: Richard Brown <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:More Cultivars

Jan. Thank you for your expertise on the hybrid cultivar issue. I feel
like I must be driving you crazy sometimes with the questions. I look
forward to the articles on this subject soon to appear in CPN.

I have spoken to Bruce Bednar about this and next week I will begin
photographing his cultivars and hybrids. The "splendiana" will be
called Splendid Diana, the male and female looking virtually identical,
but easily distinguished from all other Nepenthes hybrids. This is
okay?

As a side note to you folks out at California Carnivores: I obtained a
plant from you folks a few years ago, a N. thorelii "JAM' X N. Superba
Mixta. (I assume this second name is really Mixta Superba). It gets
ohh's and ahh's whenever displayed. Peter, how about a cultivar name?
It is far too distinguished to be nameless.

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida