RE: CP: various questions

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 16:44:26 PST

Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 19:44:26 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: CP: various questions

> 2- A friend of mine just brought me a little bag
> full of dead flies.
> he got them from a telecom site, a large room, from
> where they couldn't escape and died by hundreds.
> Can I feed them to my Sarrs ? VFTs ? Drosera ? Or
> should I just put the bag in the trashcan ?

wOb,
You could feed them to your CPs, but I think all of them (with the possible
exception of the Sarracenia) need their prey to be moving in order to
trigger trapping and/or digestion. I have had success in feeding dead
insects to my VFTs and triggering the traps with the tip of a handy pine
needle. I have also fed my Sarracenia small dead insects with no ill effects
observed.

BTW your English is great. Much better than my French.

Avec regards,
Phil