Dormancy question

From: Palindro (sluggo@clark.net)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 17:39:43 PST

Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 20:39:43 -0500 (EST)
From: Palindro <sluggo@clark.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dormancy question

I have a small family of Serracenia Purpurea and Dionaea. I just found out
recently all about domancy and what can happen to the plants if they are
kept at non-dormant temperatures too long. I wonder about this because these
plants have been with me for more than two years at a constant 72 degrees F.
They are still in the best of health and are growing to accomodate their
tank. My questions are:

1. Should I create an artificial dormancy now since they have not had
one in two years or just wait until next winter?

2. If 35-45 degrees is an ideal dormancy temperature for my SP, would a
refrigerator serve as a winter home for them?

-Palindro