Re: VFT Dormancy

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 19:03:31 PST

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:03:31 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT Dormancy

Greetings,

I have been reading this thread on VFT dormancy with interest as I have
certainly killed my fair share of plants this way.

I would just like to add that in my experience it is important that your
plants are acting like they are ready for dormancy before popping them in
the fridge. If new leaves are still emerging then in my experience,
putting them in the fridge is a very successfull way of killing them.
If they are still producing new leaves in December then I just don't
force dormancy on them that winter. You can get away with this for 1 or
2 winters. To induce dormancy, decrease the photoperiod and try to cool
them off especially at night.

Anyway, that is how it seems to go for me. Your experiences may differ.

Richard Ellis "ricell@juno.com"
Boulder, CO