Re: Scale on Young Nepenthes

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 10:54:51 PST

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:54:51 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Scale on Young Nepenthes

  To All,
 I currently use a product called ISOTOX, made by Ortho. I use this pesticide on
almost everything except Droseras and Utrics. I really have never had any
problems with these two plants. I believe ISOTOX has a similar make up as
Orthene, but last longer. I have also heard of people adding agriculture oil to
their mix to enhance the killing effect of the pesticide. I have never tried
this method on CPs, but when I used to grow fruit trees, I always added
agriculture oil to all my insecticide and fungicide. I would spray all parts of
the tree including the blossoms.

FWTW, agriculture oil is a very light oil which doesn't seem to harm plants.

                       Good luck,
                     Charles Brewer
                      Va. Beach, Va.