Re: Scale on Young Nepenthes

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 12:04:29 PST

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:04:29 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Scale on Young Nepenthes

Charles:

I seem to recall that you use live sphagnum for your cp's. Does this
pesticide seem to adversely effect it?

Tom in Fl
 Hi Tom,
 Good question...I don't recall ever noticing a problem with my Sphagnum Moss
after using Isotox. I don't recall the moss turning white or dying. The only
problem I had with live sphagnum is when I use fungicides and Physan (a
greenhouse disinfectant/algae killer). The moss will turn white, but will
eventually grow again.
 With insecticide, I always use less then what is recommended. It kills just as
well and inside my greenhouse, the insecticide seems to last a lot longer. No
wind or rain to wash it away. Hope this helps.
                                Charles