Question abouting sending money internationally

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 13:58:18 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:58:18 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Question abouting sending money internationally

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to send a small amount of money
internationally? To get a check in a foreign currency from any of the
banks around here involves a $8-25 service charge (more than the amount I
need to send). I suspect cashing a check in a foreign currency involves
a similar service charge at the other end. I previously sent cash,
which appeared to have vaporized in transit and I would like to avoid
this happening again. I'm wondering if IRC's are the way to go. Does
anyone know how difficult it is to cash them in europe?

Thanks

Richard Ellis "ricell@juno.com"
Boulder, CO