Question abouting sending money internationally

From: Jose Gengler (jose.gengler@usa.net)
Date: Sun Apr 05 1998 - 19:28:44 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 02:28:44 +0000
From: "Jose Gengler" <jose.gengler@usa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Question abouting sending money internationally

Hi!

One way to send money is by an international credit card.

It is ilegal to send cash money by mail.

One other alternative is to go to a bank and ask for an international
dollar check. The check is issued to the person or institution you
are buying from. The check should not be expensive to do, but it is
also not cheap indeed. Best results if several things are bought from
the same place at a time, so shipment and the checks price become
less significative in relation to the quantity of things.

The check can then be sent by mail.

I have had good results with this method. I don't know however if I
would risk buying realy expensive things using this procedure.
Mostly, I have bought books and programs like this.

If it is realy important for the money to arrive (quantity or other
imperative importance), the bank offers to deposit the check in a
foreign account. But this alternative is VERY exoensive and should be
reserved only for extreme cases. Many banks suggest this way as a
first choice, and you may get confused thinking erroneously that that
is the price of a check to be sent by mail.

Good luck and best regards,
()* || () Jose Gengler
()= []=() osito@cmet.net
() || () jose.gengler@usa.net