Can a Darlingtonia be selfed?

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 20:50:13 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:50:13 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Can a Darlingtonia be selfed?

Against all odds and luck I have happily been able to cultivate a clump of
Darlingtonias to flowering age. Those laborious times of running cold water
through my pots has rewarded me with several mature plants!!!

Anyway, I'm wondering if a Darlingtonia be selfed. I have one plant that's
producing a spike. Since I have no prior first-hand knowledge to learn from
any responses will be greatly appreciated!

Cultivating all my Dionaea in pure horticultural baking soda,

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio

markp@crscms.com