Re: Fixtures

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 14:04:23 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:04:23 -0600
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fixtures

Jose Gengler <jose.gengler@usa.net> writes:

>Here in Chile we have 220V, not 110V as in the States, from where
>Barry wrote. I haven't been able to find 34W bulbs. The most
>consuming bulbs have 15W.
>
>But then I thought that maybe Volts and Watts are inversely
>proportional.

If I remember correctly,
Power (in Watts) = Voltage * Current (in amperes)
so I think the above would only be true if you assume a constant
current. I think the wattage would be the pertinent value in terms
of lumens output, however. Perhaps someone more knowledgable
than me could comment?

Richard Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/