Re: fuzz in terrarium

From: Peter Cole (carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 18:23:51 PDT

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 01:23:51 +0000
From: Peter Cole <carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: fuzz in terrarium

Andy Carter <fruit@argonet.co.uk> writes:
>> It is by far the best (only satisfactory,) fungicide for CPs, and
>> also by far the least toxic (I believe the average-sized human
LD50
>> is something in the region of 500g orally!) Why they restricted
it
>> is anyone's guess.
>
>Isn't Benomyl/Benlate also restricted because of its supposed links
>with birth defects, in particular infants born with no eyes?

        A couple of other people have Emailed me with this information, so I
        guess there may well be a problem with it in that respect.
        It's the best fungicide for CPs, but that sounds like a risk not
        worth taking if there's any possibility of it coming into contact
        with pregnant women.
        Anyone know any more details about this?

        Happy (but careful) growing,

                        Peter

+++ Peter Cole, 17 Wimmerfield Cr.,Killay,SWANSEA SA27BU,WALES,UK +++
mailto:carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk - http://www.flytrap.demon.co.uk/
++++ Carnivorous Plants, seeds and tissue culture kits for sale ++++