Byblis

From: Brian Cochran (bcochran@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 17:22:36 PDT

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:22:36 -0600
From: bcochran@webtv.net (Brian Cochran)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Byblis

The question about a Byblis liniflora occidentalis caught my eye and
thought I could offer some input. Firtst, these have actually now been
named Byblis filifolia. In fact, all of the Byblis liniflora forms have
new names.
      The Byblis that you germinated, Carl,
likes it moderately moist once established, and warm. Water from the
top. The medium should be quite open alot of perlite and sand mixed with
the peat.
      They will grow upright to about 10 inches then start to fall over
if not supported. I grow them in hanging baskets. If kept warm and
moist they may grow for over three years and reach almost 3 ft. in
length. This description best fits the plants from the "Pago" area of
Australia, there are some other filifolia forms with the main difference
being the size (they are much smaller.)