Nepenthes photos

From: Borneo Exotics (borneo@lanka.net)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 09:58:32 PDT

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:58:32 +0500
From: Borneo Exotics <borneo@lanka.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes photos

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for photos of a couple of Sumatran Nepenthes species:
know if anyone has them on a web site yet, but if there's anyone out
there who can direct me to a site that has some pictures of these
species, or better still e-mail me some, I'd be grateful.

We've just got back from Sumatra and are rather confused about some of
the plants seen there. It seems to me that it's about time that some
taxonomically minded person had a close look at the
<italic>Nepenthes</italic> this part of the world, (how about it Jan?).
There's evidently a lot of hybridisation going on between
<italic>Nepenthes </italic>species in certain parts of Sumatra, but even
so, we found a few rather strange plants that I can't as yet reconcile
with documented species in the area. We'll be updating our website,
probably next week, with a lot of new photos including some pictures of
that fabulous new species N. aristolochioides - what an amazing plant!
Who actually discovered it I wonder, and what were the first words
uttered at the first sighting?! Unlike some new species being documented
these days, there couldn't have been much doubt that it was a new one...
I'm envious.

Will let you know when we get around to posting the photos on our site,
and looking forward to meeting some of you at the ICPS Conference in
Bonn!

Rob Cantley

<<www.borneoexotics.com>