Re: CP Water

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 16:51:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP Water

Randy Palmer wrote:

> I use my air conditioner condensation water. The pipe it comes out of is
> hard plastic. The water comes out of the air after it goes through the
> air filter.....

It's good that your plants haven't complained about receiving this water.
It may not advisable to use it for cp in general. Don't be
fooled by the "water coming from a harmless plastic tube". Air conditioning
condensate, as well as dehumidifer condensate, forms on metal pipes
in the unit. The condensate is collected and then either pumped
or allowed to drain somewhere through a plastic tube.

It is possible for some metal from the unit's pipes to become concentrated
in the condensate. Of course this depends on how old the unit is and
other factors.

Regards,

Perry Malouf