Re:CP FAQ Dionea in FL

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 18:13:25 PDT

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:13:25 -0400
From: Richard Brown <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:CP FAQ Dionea in FL

Hello Michael, and others interested,

Concerning the Dioneas in Appalachicola State Park--yea, we CP
enthusiasts here in Florida know all about them. Last weekend Bob,
Derek and I believe a few others were up there checking it out. I
couldn't make it because it was my birthday on Saturday and my friends
had other plans for me. I'd have loved to have join you Tampa Bay CP
Club folks up there, but social graces dictated otherwise. Apparently,
many years ago, some enthusiast scattered Dionea seed all over North
Florida. There are "wild" Dionea also near DeLand and at the Devil's
Millhopper outside of Gainesviille, Florida. They are flourishing,
protected by being on private property (for those who like the thrill of
tresspassing and feel of buckshot in ones' behind) or in the confines of
a state park (no buckshot-just $500 plus fines).

Derek and/or Bob. Feel like telling the folks about some of the cool
things you guys found up there? Some really cool Sarracenias-from what
I hear.

And all you thought I did was Nepenthes.

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Fl