CP on a Shoestring

From: CMcdon0923 (CMcdon0923@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 19:46:54 PDT

Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 22:46:54 EDT
From: CMcdon0923 <CMcdon0923@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP on a Shoestring

For those of us who enjoy collecting CP on a shoestring budget, you might want
to start checking your local home-center 'superstores'. Here around Dallas, I
stopped in at a Lowe's and Home Depot. Both had just received shipments.
Lowe's were from the "Little Pot of Horrors" supplier, while Home Depot's were
from Gubler's Orchids.

Lowe's had VFT (of course), N. madagascarensis, D. adalae, and P.
primulfloria. I picked out three of the nicest Pings, for only $2.89 (plus
tax) each. Can't beat 'em at that price.

Home Depot had VFT, (again, naturally), N. madagascarensis, D. adalae, D
spathulata, and D. californica (!!). I picked out three of the Darlingtonias,
and one nice D. spathulata, for only $3.23 (plus tax) each. Still not too bad
a price.

I haven't seen any Sarracenia at any of the local stores yet.