Snipping VFT flower stalks

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 22:04:26 PDT

Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 01:04:26 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Snipping VFT flower stalks

My VFT is sprouting a bud and I would like to know if I should cut it off
or not.I'm not really wanting the flower 'case there're not very pretty.But
I didnt know if it would be harmeful to the plant.could anyone help?

                    Happy Growing,
                   Don Drury

First off, congrats on having mature Dionea! All flowering CP's devote alot
of energy into producing flowers and setting seed. Just snip off the flower
stalk near the base and your plant(s) will resume vigorous vegetative
growth. I had a bunch of D. capillaris plants that were producing flower
stalks lately. I snipped 'em off and the result was increased leaf
production almost immediately.

Good growing in '98,

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio