D.cistiflora and dormancy

From: Tassara (strega@split.it)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 02:53:15 PDT

Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 11:53:15 +0200
From: strega@split.it (Tassara)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D.cistiflora and dormancy

Hi list!
I have a few small D.cistiflora grown from seed this winter.
Now it's getting hot and I'd like to let them go dormant.
I've read they can tolerate completely dry soil for a long period.
I tried to dry out four of them but I think they have died: the leaves dried
out; I checked the root of one of them and found that this too had a dead
appearance. With them was a small D.gigantea and I'm sure it's dead.
I know tuberous sundews need some weeks to form the tuber and in that period
they must be kept slightly moist.
But D.cistiflora doesn't need time to form any tuber.
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.
Thank you and good growing!

Filippo Tassara
Genova, Italy