Re: Home Depot great buys

From: aquilla2@juno.com
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 03:52:50 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:52:50 EDT
From: aquilla2@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Home Depot great buys

Dustin,
        Just about anywhere that you go in any super store where they
sell mass produced CP, I have never seen any that did not say, that they
were produced from tissue culture. Just look at the limited variety that
they have. Usually VFT, S.purp. D. adelae afew pings and a nepenthes or
two.
These large chains cant be bothered with small quantities of CP. They
buy for mass distribution. Last year they were selling all red VFT.
Dont know of any growing in the wild. However if you are worried about
foreign imports, I have heard that in India they can produce a VFT and
import it to the USA cheaper than it costs to produce domestically.

Michael A Sankovich
York, PA