Sarracenia Psittacina

From: June Billings (JBILLING@ie.oracle.com)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 01:25:00 PDT

Date: 25 May 98 09:25:00 +0100
From: "June Billings" <JBILLING@ie.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia Psittacina

Hi,

Third time lucky trying to post this question.

I'm a complete novice and after some expert advice for my Sarracenia
Psittacina, and where better to look for advice than from this group.

About 2 months ago my Sarracenia Psittacina went mad, it grew like crazy and=

sent up about 30/40 new shoots the only thing is all the traps/pitchers are
still very small, not even a tenth as big as the ones it had when I got it
first. It's still sending up new shoots although at a slower rate. It's on a=

sunny window ledge (inside) I keep it very moist, the sphagnum moss is
growing
well on the topsoil and in general it seems very happy except it hasn't had
an
insect in months because none of the traps are big enough!

 What I want to know is should the traps have developed or does that start
happen after all the shoots have grown. If this is a problem what should I
do???????

Any advice would be much appreciated.

My email address is jbilling@ie.oracle.com

Regards,