stratification & oxygen

From: Ross & Ingrid Lyle (rilyle@internetnorth.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 17:49:12 PDT

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:49:12 +1000 (EST)
From: rilyle@internetnorth.com.au (Ross & Ingrid Lyle)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: stratification & oxygen

I have been following the thread concerning stratification recently & it
occurs to me that it is possible that the process may be enhanced by the use
of an oxygen enriched atmosphere or oxygenated water. So far I only have the
thought running around in my mind but I feel that oxygen could be forced
into the water at low temprature & under pressure in much the same way as
CO2 is put into soda drinks.
        Has anyone had any experience with this, or can anyone think of a
reason that it wouldn't work? It may be viable when dealing with large
numbers of seed.
                                         Ross