problematic pitcher plant

From: RoSSiPB@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 18:55:45 PDT

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 21:55:45 EDT
From: RoSSiPB@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: problematic pitcher plant

Hello,

I have been growing small assorted carnivourous plants for th past year and
reading up on this group for about the past five months.

I have a small purple pitcher plant in a small 3'' pot. The simple kind,
grown from tissue cultures and are sold in places like the home depot and
other large home improvement stores. Right now, it appears to be a healthy
plant producing a new leaf and pitcher about every three weeks. My only
problem is that all of the exisiting, as well as newly forming leaves seem to
grow/droop over the sides of the pot. The main stem of the plant has not grown
higher than 1.5 inches off of the soil. Whats up with that?!?
Thanks for an advise
PS- are there any orchid discussion groups?
_-Paul-_