Offering (1) alligator. Request trade.

From: Benjamin F. Lasseter (benjamin@twister.tamu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 07:56:28 PDT

Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 09:56:28 -0500
From: "Benjamin F. Lasseter" <benjamin@twister.tamu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Offering (1) alligator. Request trade.

>Unfortunately, living where I do in South Africa (Pietermaritzburg), I
>am only plagued by "wild" animals such as burrowing bantams, red
>spider mite, mealy bug and pernicious scale!

>Please send me some Giraffes (or Alligators) they would certainly be a
>pleasant change!
>
>Best regards
>Rogan Roth.
>
>(roth@botany.unp.ac.za)

Dear Rogan,
        I will happily send you alligators, coral snakes, and especially
fire ants, if it will make your plant growing experience more interesting.
Contrary to popular belief, fire ants can be domesticated quite readily.
They provide endless fun for the whole family.
        Let me know if there is anything else I can send you. I myself am
all stocked up on spider mites, plant scale, and a host of problems endemic
to Texas... Got anything you can send me to take care of these delightful
things? It would give me great pleasure to send them on to heaven (or
hell).

Sincerely,
        Benjamin