HELP!!

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 10:50:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 13:50:26 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: HELP!!

HELP!!

I've just noticed that my pot of Dros. Regia seed are germinating like crazy!

The problem is, how to grow them to maturity.
The seeds/sprouts are in a 40:30:20 mix of peat,sand and perlite and are
currently under the lid of a large (6 Foot) fishtank. They are lit by one
40watt lightbulb and two flourescent fixtures (the same tubes that you would
use for lighting in the home/office). The current temperature is 75-80 Far.
which drops to about 65-70 Far. when the lights are switched off in the
evening.
Is this too hot for D.regia?

I've had difficulty in the past, germinating this species but this year I gave
the old gibberelic acid a go. Now the seedlings are coming up I don't want to
lose them. Has anyone got ANY info on temperature,lighting,watering,re-potting
protocols or indeed ANY snippet that would enable me to grow these lovely
plants?

Thanks

John Wilden

Southport, Lancashire, UK.