HELP ! S. Flava 'Maxima' is d(r)ying

From: de JAN (jplasqui@vub.ac.be)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 03:34:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:34:46 +0200
From: de JAN <jplasqui@vub.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: HELP ! S. Flava 'Maxima' is d(r)ying

Hi list,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a (big) S. Flava "Maxima". The plant was
doing well until last week when the pitchers suddenly started drying &
shrinking. In three days there was almost nothing left of the big plant
except the flower but that one went also down in the weekend. I checked
the roots of the plant and they were fine, I could not see a fungus on
the rhizome, nor were there bugs in the soil. I kept the plant in the
same conditions as my other Sarrs. which are doing fine.

Has anyone ever seen this weird drying effect and/or knows what to do to
save the plant, please e-mail me.

Thanks

Jan Plasqui

jplasqui@vub.ac.be