RE: Help! S flava "Maxima"

From: carlstrom_rick@advmar.com
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 05:20:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:20:00 -0400
From: carlstrom_rick@advmar.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Help! S flava "Maxima"

     I have noted that the unusual drying of the pitchers and flower can
     usually
be traced to a dead/rotted rhizome. I have had this happen twice. Once
about 3 years ago due to "winter freeze drying" of a S. Purpurea. Most
recently I had a S. minor experience t he same fate. It appears to be
rotting of the rhizome. In both cases one the drying started the plant
was gone. An emergency trimming of the rhizome and dusting with benomyl
may bring back part of the plant. If you are going to try anything do
it now.

Rick