drosera coloration

From: vincent uybarreta (vincent.uybarreta@mailexcite.com)
Date: Sun Jun 21 1998 - 11:47:24 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 11:47:24 -0700
From: "vincent uybarreta" <vincent.uybarreta@mailexcite.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: drosera coloration

    I am growing a couple of rosetted sundews outdoors and had a
    question about determining pedigree based on leaf color. They both
    started green with pink glands when grown indoors in the winter, but
    have changed color since being moved outside this spring. The first
    one is about 1 inch in diameter and is brighter red than Akai Ryu
    VFT or S.purpurea venosa and it turned red really fast. I think
    it's D.capillaris. The second rosetted sundew in question is about
    3 inches in diameter and the same dark red/purple as Akai Ryu. I
    was pretty sure it was D.aliciae (that what it said on the label
    when I got it), but I never heard of Alice sundews being red. Can
    they be? Might it be D.spathulata or D.hamiltonii? Thanks for your
    help.

http://www.mailexcite.com