RE: Muffin Fans--Correction to N. xHolland Hybrid--Thanks

From: Tom Massey (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 21 1998 - 18:31:19 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 21:31:19 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Muffin Fans--Correction to N. xHolland Hybrid--Thanks

> Anyone know where I can find a little (computer CPU-sized) muffin fans
> that plugs in to a normal outlet (in the USA)? I can't find anything
> like this anywhere and need something to help ciruclate air in my
> terrarium.

... One day I was searching through some very old computers
and came across a discarded Apple computer (can't remember the model) that
had a 110 volt 2"x2" fan in it's power supply... Simply put I removed, added
a standard 3 prong plug and viola, a terrarium fan... I have this plugged
into my timer unit so when on blows cool air across the twin 2 fixture
fluorescence atop my terrarium... Helps regulate the heat nicely...

[Tom Massey]
Most Radio Shacks carry small computer fans for about $15. I have one I use to cool the florescent lamps over my Helis.

Tom in Fl