RE: What's happening in Florida?

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 11:56:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:56:00 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: What's happening in Florida?

Hi Nigel,

I don't remember the exact numbers but US News had a nice article about
the number of forest fires in Florida over the last three years.

While the number may be up this year, I was struck by the high number of
forest fires that are normal. As I said, I don't remember the specific
numbers but generally the number of fires each year is 100,000 or
200,000. Maybe someone else has a better memory for the numbers.

Florida also has a terrestrial orchid that needs fire to flower.

David