Nepenthes

From: Dennis Wilson (dennis@guymon.tebtc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 21:32:25 PDT

Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:32:25 -0700
From: Dennis Wilson <dennis@guymon.tebtc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes

Hello everyone,
My name is Dennis and I live in the panhandle of Oklahoma. I hadn't
posted anything here in a while and thought I'd make a couple of
comments and ask a question.

The question first: What would anyone recommend as a first Nepenthes to
grow in a terrarium? My children are wanting to get a monkey cup as
they call them and the more I read the more confused I get. I would
like something that would be happy in a warm terrarium with 65-100%
humidity. Temperatures probably would range from 65 to 85 degrees F.
Any and all suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Now a couple of comments: I would like to thank Dr. Barry Meyers-Rice
for getting me interested in Cps through his TERRIFIC pages. I also
built a terrarium as he suggested. A couple of VFT's and lots of
sphagnum moss are growing wonderfully in the terrarium. (Everything
else is in greenhouse)

I recently received a copy of Peter D'Amato's "The Savage Garden". It
is an excellent book and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in
Cps.

Good growing everyone and thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my
question, or offer suggestions.

Dennis Wilson