Nepenthes growing problem

From: Brian Evans (B.M.Evans@exeter.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 06:11:53 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Evans <B.M.Evans@exeter.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes growing problem

Please can someone give me advice on the health of my Nepenthes? Its an
un-named hybrid, about fours years old, kept in a terrarium. The
growing medium is mostly sphagnum. The plant is growing fast and
producing magnificent 12cm. purple pitchers ( sorry I'm no expert on
Neps. so can't indentify the parents from the pitchers). The problem
is that all the leaves are turning completely pale green or yellow.
Presumably this is a mineral defficiency, but which? Any help will be
much appreciated. Brian