Utric dying, Plumbago and Euphorbia

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 04:07:56 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:07:56 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Utric dying, Plumbago and Euphorbia

Hello, again!

First, thanks to all who helped me about the Utric. matter. I think I know
why is it turning brown: lack of water.
But now, another thing:
Yesterday I was browsing the CP archives for 1996 and I found references
about Plumbago's glands in the sepals, which produce a sticky substance. At
the moment, my Plumbago is flowering and I can see that it is really true!
But I noticed in another plant, Euphorbia milii, has a similar thing: the
flower stalks are covered with a very sticky substance (much more than any
Drosera or Ping.). Well, I don't know nothing about botany (please forgive
me if what I'm saying is completely wrong!), that's why I'm asking if this
could have something to do with CPs (as it was said in the digests that
Plumbago could be related to Droseras).

Good growing to everybody!
Miguel