Re: Radioland

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 10:58:02 PDT

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:58:02 EDT
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Radioland

Howdy folks, Peter here at California Carnivores. Ahhhh, the heatwave has
broken. Boy was it hot. The radio show I'm supposed to be interviewed on is
Bill Peterson's garden show on KWIX in Moberny (sp?), MO at 9:30 am central
time, and is heard in Missouri and Nebraska, I believe. Wednesday morning.
Sorry it took so long for me to post this.
      I found Fernando's investigation into Drosera tenticle speed
interesting. (Hi Fernando). I grew D. glanduligera (sp?) for a few years back
in the 80s, loved it, but can't recall examining tenticle growth. It's true,
as he surmises, that those drosera with flat tenticles and elongated glands on
the margins of the leaf seem to move the fastest, but not all (like D.
rotundifolia). The fastest movement I've ever witnessed has been on D.
pauciflora and D. scorpiodes, as well as burmanii.
      Th-th-th-th-that's all folks. No earthquakes here, lately. Peter