Misting Systems / Tap water & CP

From: Danny Hammons (dannyh@onramp.net)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 15:22:50 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:22:50 -0500
From: Danny Hammons <dannyh@onramp.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Misting Systems / Tap water & CP

Here in Ft Worth, TX the temp has been over 100 degrees (F)
for 21 days in a row. Though the humidity has been a little
higher the past couple of days, this summer has been total
hell on my CPs. Due to the extreme heat, the water cooler
I have used for the past two years just wasn't cutting it
this year. (The past couple of years, it kept my greenhouse
temperature about the same as the outdoor temp, and the
humidity between 60 and 70 percent).

Yesterday I bought an "Arizona Mist Outdoor Cooling System"
at Home Depot and installed it in my greenhouse. It is working
great.....the outdoor temp is 103 and the greenhouse temp is 98
with humidity at about 80 - 85 percent. My concern now is
what the water droplets will do to my CP. I've got it set up
so that most of the water evaporates before it gets to the plants,
but sometimes water droplets make it to the plants. Since I'm using
tap water with the misting system, I'm afraid it might harm the plants.
Does anyone have any experience / success or failure stories using
a misting system on their CP.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny